« Home | How Sharp Is Your Axe? » | Clinic Update » | Stress and Training » | Runners and Weight Training » | Research Review: Concurrent Training vs. Strength ... » | Question on Stretching » | Runners Are A Funny Bunch » | Product Review: James Waslaski’s 6 DVD set- Sports... » | Assessing your Clients » | Coach's Q&A: Middle Distance Runners »

Olympic Stories...

I always look foreward to the Oympics and I would be lying if I didn't say I am pumped that the opening ceremonies are only a few days away!

I especially can't wait to see how the 100m turns out as it is setting up to be something very exciting.

Aside from the amazing athletics displayed in the Olympic Games, one of the other reasons I love watching is for the stories. The things that some people endure to become an Olympian is just incredible and inspiring.

This story came into my inbox today and I thought I would share it with everyone. The situations that the athletes' in Sudan are training under are extremely less than adequate and the fact that they are "using paint cans and cinder blocks for the exercise", speaks volumes about their dedication and determination.

The Olympics are about more than just athletics.


More on the Olympics later,

Patrick