« Home | Becoming a Better Coach…. » | Preseason Football and More Olympics Stuff… » | Olympic Stories... » | How Sharp Is Your Axe? » | Clinic Update » | Stress and Training » | Runners and Weight Training » | Research Review: Concurrent Training vs. Strength ... » | Question on Stretching » | Runners Are A Funny Bunch »

Active Release Techniques - Upper Extremity

It has been awhile since I have made my last entry (a full week in fact!). I just got back in town last night from the Active Release Techniques (ART) Upper Extremity course in San Antonio. I am happy to say that I passed the hands on portion of the exam which certifies me to pracice ART on the upper extremity.

It was a lot of fun. I learned some really cool things and I am pretty excited to add the things I learned to my "soft-tissue tool box."

The learning doesn't stop there though! This weekend I am attending a Neuromuscular Techniques (NMT) workshop specific to treatments of the pelvis and spine. This should be really interesting and I hope to take the other 3 (upper extremity, lower extremity, cervical/cranium) NMT workshops with in the upcoming year.

All of these techniques are various ways to appoach soft tissue treatment and the whole goal of this, for me, is to have a systematic way of approaching a client that allows me to analyze faulty movement patterns and posture, correct movement asymetries with exercise, and use soft tissue work to decrease pain and improve stucture and balance.

I am really excited to put all these things into play as I slowly come up with my own methodology of how everything will work together.

Patrick

Congrats. I can be your guinea pig.

Post a Comment