« Home | Questions from yesterday » | training variables.... » | Review of the diet research » | A study on different diets » | My head just exploded! » | Arnold Classic Strength Summit: Day 2 and 3 » | Arnold Classic Strength Summit Day 1 » | The ROM machine..... » | Whole Wheat Donut Anyone? » | What type of message does this send? »

Fruit and Veggies

I read an interesting quote while doing some research for my supermarket tour:

"1/3 of all the vegetables consumed in this country come from just three sources: potato chips, french fries, and iceberg lettuce" -Marion Nestle, "What to Eat"


I find that amazing! I was thinking about whether it was the fact that people just don't eat vegetables or the fact that people think that those actually count AS vegetables?

Look at your meals this past week. Did you eat enough fruits and vegetables? I try and eat a fruit and/or a vegetable at every meal. While some people discriminate against certain fruits, like oranges (saying they have to much sugar), I do not. I think however, that you have to know what a serving size for the fruit you are eating.

Make sure to get your vegetables in everyday. Your body needs those nutrients.

Patrick